Thursday, June 5, 2008

out of the papers

Here in Switzerland there is a lot of buzz about the European Soccer Championship at the moment. So there are pictures of sportsmen in every paper or magazine. Since I've never been able to read an article about sports without falling asleep, I only occasionally looked at the accompanying pictures. But when I noticed the sometimes hilariously distorted faces these people in action had, I started to copy them in pencil. So here are some of those sketches...
Always a lot of people screaming their lungs out.
Here I tried to apply the boys' expressions to a cat character.

And last but not least: Lee J. Cobb drawn from a screenshot of On the Waterfront (Kazan, 1954) and applied to a Blair/Avery type of dog.

I hope I'll have some time in Annecy to sketch real people for a change.

No comments: