Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec 8 - skin color [Updated]

Looks like this is going to be the last post of the series. I still haven't received three answers to the Dec 5 question, so I'm ending the series with this post I've already prepared. Thanks for participating anyway.

What's the skin color of this happy Chuck Jones baby?
modified image (baby desaturated)
Color suggestions for baby skin tone
 Update: the answer is C...
...because this baby should have been delivered to Mars. The antennae and ear form didn't make that a very human looking baby, indeed.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

C. That happy Chuck Jones baby doesn't look very human...

Jamil R. Lahham said...

B

Rob said...

Is it what we think it should be? Or is it a memory test?

Oswald Iten said...

Could be both. One thing about why I call it a color guessing game is the fact that if we haven't seen a picture before, we're by no means able to exactly deduce with color will be there. It's always a matter of what the artist has chosen.

If you've already seen that cartoon, it is probably a memory test. If not, there are indications in the image that might help you guess right. At best guessing makes you aware of the thinking that might have gone into coloring an image.

Rob said...

I see. I would think C because the baby looks like an alien. But I also like B, I think its because it would be high in contrast to the buggie.