Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vienna

View from the belltower of St. Stefan in Vienna.
It's been some time now that I've posted any of my own sketches. Two weeks ago I was in Vienna for the first time. I don't think I have ever seen so many great pieces of art within less than a week. Schiele, Klimt, Futurism, Expressionism, Pop Art, Realist painters of the 19th century... Don't be surprised if you'll see more posts about painting in the near future.

Anyway, since I don't usually take photographs on holiday, back home I did a little "color script" from memory (and in two instances from small sketches I did on location) depicting the situations (and works of art) that stayed in my mind visually.

Afterwards it occurred to me that I left out most of the people... Maybe that's because I'm currently drawing backgrounds for a short film and subconsciously treated these sketches in the same way.

Pastel crayons on black paper (Click on the picture to see larger version)

No comments: